You will be the key and first point of contact for prospects. You will be a digital marketer first, with the ability to consultatively sell true’s value and services. You’ll be interested and knowledgeable in brands, digital technologies, marketing and business. You’ll be interesting, and interested. Our clients are the backbone of our agency, and we seek meaningful long-term engagements with ambitious brands. Helping us find the right future fit for new clients is a critical part of the role.
You will be an experienced Business Development Manager in the digital agency space - go-getting, fearless, ambitious and able to operate at a senior strategic level with clients.
- Initiate and manage outbound campaigns and follow-ups
- Present agency credentials and lead introductory meetings and presentations to prospects or potential partners
- Manage our prospect database and contact history
- Manage our lead generation partner relationship and performance. Ultimately responsible for who we partner with and how we generate leads
- Manage and maintain our profile and listings in tender portals, Government Digital Marketplace (GDS), and other sources of leads and tenders.
New business opportunity development
- Field and qualify and evaluate initial inbound opportunities
- Lead the completion of RFIs/PQQs
- Manage and coordinate tenders, proposals and pitches with expertise and input from our practitioners, leading some
- On board and transition new wins into active clients.
Overseeing sales and marketing collateral and content
- Manage, develop and coordinate the production of true sales and event plans and collateral
- Manage the enhancement of credentials, and consistent high-quality tender documentation
- Build and add to a bank of sales collateral and case studies.
You are ambitious, unafraid and curious.
Successful candidates will have the following skills and attributes:
Leadership and decision-making
- Lead by example.
- Lead, motivate and support internal teams to deliver an outstanding experience/proposal/pitch.
- Not afraid to assert leadership when it is needed (or to escalate when appropriate) – to keep teams focused on the challenge.
- Focused on how to do even better next time. Seeks feedback from the team, listens and acts on it
Building relationships and influencing
- Forge lasting relationships with key prospects and partners, gaining trust and respect by creating open and honest communication.
- Elevate the relationship from delivery to a strategic, valued partner.
- Anticipate problems and opportunities, helping teams navigate through challenging points in the partnership.
- Present persuasive arguments effectively both to clients and internally.
- Is team-spirited – driven by camaraderie, shared goals and collaboration.
Strategic and commercial nous
- Understands the prospects’ business and is valued as a trusted, strategic point of contact.
- Knows how to demonstrate the value of our work and services, help build compelling business cases for investment with true and construct mutually beneficial commercial proposals.
- Balances agency commercial opportunity, with our vision for building long-term, mutually profitable relationships.
- Looks for ways to demonstrate and reinforce business value of our work.
Honest, resourceful and tenacious
- Exuding vitality, energy and passion.
- ‘Just do it’ – finds a way to get things done.
- Seeks out the positives – strives for solutions that everyone buys into.
- Is unafraid and candid, and encourages others to always speak out, to be the best we can be.
- Always curious – interested in learning and understanding the way things really work.
- Competitive salary and incentive scheme
- 25 days holiday a year
- Pension Scheme with leading provider
- Flexible working and part time options
- Enhanced maternity pay & shared parental leave
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Friday 'beer o'clock' beers.
If you think you could be a good fit, get in touch with Tim Jones, we'd love to hear from you. No agencies please.